We get it. New Years is such an exciting time. Friends are gathering. Firecrackers are popping. The bubbly is flowing. It’s easy to get carried away and make a dozen or more promises for the new year that you just can’t keep. Don’t sweat it. It happens to the best of us, and that’s why January 17th is officially Ditch New Years Resolutions Day. We don’t know how or why it got started (ok…maybe we do know the why part), but it’s time to throw those resolutions out with the bathwater and go shopping. For candles, of course! We’ll guide you to some products that can help you hide your shame.
- Bamboo & Coconut, Candle Escape: We recently fell in love with this company and for good reason. Most of their scents are super duper scrumptious, but let Bamboo & Coconut whisk you to an island far, far away, where no one even knows about your resolutions. Know how much we love this company? Read our other Candle Escape reviews!
- Fresh Cut Roses, Yankee Candle: Yankee Candle has been a candle disappointment for us over the past several years, but Fresh Cut Roses still cuts the mustard. Get this candle and surround your senses in a beautiful rose garden complete with greenery. Resolutions, smehsolutions. We actually prefer this candle in the two-wick large tumbler.
- Volcano, Capri Blue: Blow the doors off those resolution promises with this potent candle from Capri Blue. It’s lovely to look at and it is pretty strong, too. Ever been in an Anthropologie store? Then you know exactly what we’re talking about.
- Balance & Harmony, Chesapeake Bay Candles: If you’d prefer to chuck your resolutions with a little more reverence, consider Balance & Harmony from Chesapeake Bay Candles. This soothing scent will relax you and won’t break the bank doing so. For relatively inexpensive candles, we think these are some of the best.
- Clean Freak, The Burlap Bag: Maybe you’re still sitting on the fence about ditching those resolutions. Let us help. If you promised to finally clean out that spare bedroom, put the broom down and buy yourself Clean Freak from The Burlap Bag. Start burning this fresh, clean candle and no one will be the wiser. It should buy you at least 2-3 more goof off days. We promise we’re not telling.
- Winery Tour, Wick Habit: Maybe you just need to relive the moment to come up with better, more doable resolutions. Don’t start your winery tour without packing this candle from Wick Habit first. These clean burning candles are fabulous and may make you forget all this resolution nonsense anyway.
There you have it. We have you ready for Ditch New Years Resolutions Day! We think you’ll be sooooo much happier burning one of these babies while you kick those resolutions to the curb. Besides, there’s always next year. Right?
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click through one of them and make a purchase, Candlefind may receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you. It is your ongoing support that helps make Candlefind successful, and for that we are thankful.