We are a husband and wife team who are committed to living a healthy, non toxic lifestyle. We eat clean, use non toxic cleaning supplies, exercise regularly, but we were burning Paraffin candles in our home. After burning a Paraffin candle for an entire day, we had headaches and just didn't feel so great. We decided to research candles and what we found disturbed us.
Paraffin candles are made from non-renewable wax created as a byproduct of petroleum, coal, or oil shale. They are highly refined and contains chemicals such as benzene and toluene. These chemicals are not good for people with allergies, asthma, or other chemical sensitivities. We have found that if the candle does not indicate what it is made out of, it is usually Paraffin.
Soy candles are marketed as a healthier alternative to paraffin. However, it is not advertised that most soy candles sold are not 100% soy. They often contain paraffin as the processing requires small amounts of paraffin.
From our research, Beeswax was the answer to our toxic candle dilemma. Beeswax candles are non-toxic and clean burning, especially when combined with an all natural wood wick. Our Zero Fragrance Candle is hypoallergenic and when burned, releases negative ions that are nature’s air purifiers.
Unfortunately, we can not claim that our fragrances are all-natural; however they are phthalates free. We are constantly searching for the best fragrances for our candles.