Ho, ho, ho! Have you finished all your Christmas shopping yet? If you’re anything like me, you’re still shopping for gifts this holiday season. And what better gifts are there than candles? We can’t think of any! That’s why we’ve got you covered for anyone left on your Nice-Not-Naughty list. In fact, we’ve rounded up over 56 candle gift suggestions in this, our ULTIMATE Holiday Candle Gift Guide. Grab you some bon bons, your credit card, a calculator (if you must), and get shopping!
Given the massive number of suggestions in the ULTIMATE Holiday Candle Gift Guide, we’ve decided to categorize it based on who you’re still shopping for. Use the handy dandy table of contents to get right to it, or browse all sections at your own leisure.
I’m Shopping For:
Soy candles offer a clean burn and are often long-lasting. If you have a friend who only burns soy candles in their home, here are some great holiday options:
- Pumpkin Pie, Pure Integrity ($19.99 on Amazon): This is one of the most realistic pumpkin pie candles around. These candles have a clean burn and are long lasting.
- Vanilla Bean, Craft & Kin ($19.95 on Amazon): Vanilla is often a safe candle choice, and this one is creamy, sweet, and delicious. Not too overpowering, it should be a great choice for several on your list.
- Christmas Bakery, Lorenzen Candle Company ($20.99 on Amazon): For all out bakery fans, this smells like a sugar cookie on steroids. The clean burn is an added bonus.
- Bamboo & Coconut, Candle Escape ($16.99): To get away from the bakery scents, this is a great fresh, clean option. These candles are some of our new-found favorites.
If you have a friend that loves to display candles as much as she loves to burn them, we recommend these eye-catching candles below:
- Coconut Milk Mango, Illume ($30): This is one of our most favorite scents at Illume. Add it in a pink pineapple? Sold!
- Nirvana – Spirit, Baobab ($190): This candle is almost too beautiful to light. Almost. Enjoy the smoky vanilla scent and watch the vessel glow.
- Crushed Candy Cane, Voluspa ($26): Let the festivities last year ’round with this ribbed red and white candle jar and scrumptious peppermint scent.
- Cyprès, Rigaud ($99 at Candles Off Main): Let the woodsy-floral mix enchant as the gorgeous candle vessel mesmerizes. This one will definitely get some ooohs and ahhhs.
Want to make your candle gift a little more personal? Personalized candles are often more about the personalization than the actual scent & quality, but these candles are recommended for their quality as well.
- Silver Dollar Candle Company ($17.95 on Amazon): This brand has some great candle scents and offers up nice, clean burns. Personalization is an added bonus.
- Yankee Candle Company: Go for scents with which you’re familiar and personalize it up. There are a wide range of options if you choose to shop here. Need help choosing a scent? Read one of our many Yankee Candle reviews.
- ThreeTwo1 ($13.49+ on Etsy): There are only a handful of scents to choose from, but they are divine. Add a name in silver or gold and watch faces light up.
- Illumer ($30.09+ on Etsy): Another company with very few scent choices, but they are all good. Personalize with a quote for something a little different this year.
A Man In My Life
Now we’re not one to think candles can be “just for men” or “just for women.” But just in case there are some men in your life that prefer more woodsy and sultry scents, we’ve rounded up our choices below:
- Paint It Black, Evoke Candle Co. ($36): This candle gives off a rich, mysterious scent and it not too cloying. The black vessel and wax are a bonus.
- Blissful Amber, Diptyque ($72): We like this scent because it’s smooth and sultry. It will look great on the mantle.
- Leather & Tibetan Oud, Lulu Candles ($21.95 on Amazon): This candle is warm, spicy, and intoxicating. This would please men and women alike.
- Maine, Homesick Candles ($29.95 on Amazon): We like Homesick Candles as a whole, but this one is a great blend of fruity and woodsy.
A Candle To Scent A McMansion
If the person you’re gifting needs a candle to scent a very large space, look no further than these candle behomoths. They are sure to please in the fragrance arena and they will burn for hours on end.
- Santal 26, Le Labo ($470). This candle weighs in at 42.3 ounces and has a reported burn time of 150 hours. We love the sultry, mysterious scent.
- Modernista Vidre – Dream, Baobab ($760). These candles are huge across the board, but the largest weighs in at 22 pounds and has a burn time of 800 hours. We’re partial to the pink colored wax and the refreshing scent.
- Gogi Tarrocco Orange, Voluspa ($198). We just love this zesty scent and the beautiful jar. There are 123 ounces here and 5 wicks. The reported burn time is 250 hours.
- Volcano, Capri Blue ($178 at Anthropologie). If you know someone who can’t get enough of this Anthropologie signature scent, gift them this colossal candle as it has a reported burn time of 250 hours.
A Candle Gift Under $25
If the candles above made your heart stop, keep on reading. The candles below make great holiday party gifts or stocking stuffers, and they won’t break the bank. If you’re looking for more stocking stuffer ideas, be sure to check out our article for great stocking stuffer candles.
- Jasmine & Ylang Ylang, La Jolíe Muse ($18.99 on Amazon): This candle is remarkably good and is beautiful to look at. For under 20 bucks, it can’t be beat.
- Velvet + Sea Salt, Jack Baker Candle Company ($17.00 on Amazon): We love this candle for its clean burn and fresh, soothing scent.
- Balance + Harmony, Chesapeake Bay ($10.99 on Amazon): Chesapeake Bay candles are a bargain, and Balance + Harmony is no exception. Relax fully with this water lily pear scent.
- Baltic Amber, Voluspa ($12 on Amazon): Here’s your chance to get a luxury brand at a bargain price. This gorgeous jar is filled with a soothing, sultry scent and – best of all – it’s under 15 bucks!
Candles For A Traveler
Do you know someone who is always on the go? No worries – you’ve got them covered, too. Try one of these gifts to keep them in the scented loop.
- Fraiser Fir + Thyme, Seventh Avenue Apothecary ($17.50): In case you haven’t heard, we’re nose over heels for this fabulous scent. Gift this to someone so they can enjoy Christmas on the go.
- Volcano, Capri Blue ($16): This is one of our favorite scents and we think it’s great you can capture it in a travel tin. The throw is great on this little guy.
- Acai Breeze, Excelsior Candle Co. ($12): Fresh and fruity, this travel tin is sure to please. They are 100% soy and provide a long, clean burn.
- Lavender Vanilla, Bath & Body Works ($12.50 for refills): Candles aren’t the only way to travel. If opting for plugins, we think the ones from B&BW can’t be beat. The Lavender Vanilla is one of our favorite choices. Don’t forget to add the plugin!
The holidays can be a very stressful time. Enter aromatherapy candles, to help with inner peace and relaxation. Scents for aromatherapy candles tend to be milder, but we’ve found these particular ones to be a great balance of scent quality and strength.
- Lavender + Vanilla, Aromascape ($11.99 on Amazon): This soothing scent will calm the nerves and bring serenity now. And it all starts with reasonable pricing.
- Wild Lemongrass, Lulu Candles ($14.95 on Amazon): For a slightly stronger scent and a long lasting option, Wild Lemongrass from Lulu Candles is a safe bet.
- Joy, Aubert & Amandine ($23.97 on Amazon): We have reviewed this ylang ylang mandarin candle on Candlefind and find it a beautiful, relaxing scent.
- Renew & Refresh, White Barn ($24.50 at B&BW): This candle is scented with soft florals and hints of crisp mint. It’s beautiful.
Have a friend who likes to knock back one or two? Consider one of these boozy scents. Truthfully, we think these particular candles can be enjoyed by all.
- Barrel Aged Bourbon, Chicago Candle Co. ($28): This candle is rich and, well, intoxicating. It’s a bestseller for a reason.
- Dark Rum, Malin + Goetz ($87.90 on Amazon): Yeah, it’s a steep price, but we think it’s worth it. This candle has a bold fragrance and burns for a long time. Reserve this gift for someone special.
- Blackberry Absinthe, Illume ($16): We love everything about this candle. The rich scent, the cool container, and the price. Win, win, win.
- Rosé, Rewined ($28): This particular candle “pairs well with champagne.” Enough said.
Want to still gift a candle, but offer something a little bit off the beaten path? These candles are funky and fun, just for the quirky loved ones in your life.
- Einar Unicorn Skeleton Candle, Pyropet ($35 on Amazon): Love cute unicorns? How about unicorns that melt away to reveal their skeleton underneath. This candle is sure to garner some attention.
- Marie-Antoinette Bust Candle, Cire Trudon ($130): Let them eat cake…and burn candles. Wow your special someone with this realistic candle bust.
- Decorative candle, Eve Candles ($35 on Amazon): These are beautiful candles to look at and to burn. They have a number of different colors and styles, but of course we favor the pink and green one.
- Wild Tomato Vine, Kobo Candles ($28 on Amazon): What’s so unusal about this candle? You get to plant the box! The packaging is infused with seeds – in this case, tomato vine – which your giftee can plant and enjoy the benefits for years to come.
Super Expensive Candles
Have a bougie friend or two you need to impress? If you’re looking to spend some serious candle dough, look no further than these great four options:
- Peony & Blush Suede, Jo Malone ($450): We love this scent and if you’re going for broke, opt for the largest size. Your giftee will be able to burn this candle for a glorious 220 hours.
- Esotericum XL Panther Candle, Gucci ($650): The scent is jasmine, orange bitter, and leather, but your friend will cherish the unique porcelin vessel on this one.
- Triskell, Baobab ($750): The warmth of amber and cinnamon pairs well with the gorgeous candle vessel from Baobab. The largest size will make your credit card sizzle.
- Gardenia, Les Ruches ($298): We decided to throw in a more “reasonable” expensive candle for consideration. The floral scent will enchant and the keepsake candle vessel will impress for sure.
Candle Gift Sets
There are a couple of ways we’ve used candle gift sets for the holidays. We’ve given the entire gift set to one of our pals, but we’ve also purchased sets to break them up and distribute to several of our loved ones. Either way, you can’t go wrong with these choices:
- Northwest Candle Gift Set ($30 on Amazon): This gift set consists of 3 4oz soy candles, scented in Timberline, Portland Rose, and Pacific. Great little candles.
- Lulu Candles Gift Set ($24.95 on Amazon): We’ve already touted Lulu Candles, so we’re certainly all down with this trio gift set. The candles are only 2.7oz but they are good for scenting small spaces. The gift set contains Pineapple Evergreen, Jasmine Oud & Sandal Wood, and Tobacco, Spice & Vanilla.
- Candle Theory Gift Set ($26.87 on Amazon): This is called a man candle gift set, but we Candlefind gals are fond of these 4oz candle scents, too. They also have wooden wicks! In this set you’ll find Warm Tobacco, Smoked Suede, and Fresh Shave.
- Voluspa Japonica Warm Tones Pedestal Glass Gift Set ($58 on Amazon): For a more luxurious gift set, snag this one from Voluspa. The candles are small at 2.5oz each, but they are fragrant and the vessels make great keepsakes. We are partial to this gift set that contains Goji Tarocco Orange, Persimmon & Copal, Baltic Amber, and Gilt Pomander & Hinoki.
Cool Candle Accessories
Maybe your family and friends have enough candles. Or maybe they’ve strongly suggested to stop with the candles already. In either case, no need to be discouraged. These cool candle accessories can help you keep gifting and spreading candle-related cheer this holiday season.
- WICKMAN Candle Accessory Gift Set ($19.95 on Amazon): We are HUGE fans of the WICKMAN brand of candle accessories. This trio has a wick trimmer, bell snuffer, and wick dipper. These accessories are well made and will last a long time.
- RONXS Candle Lighter ($17.99 on Amazon): This USB candle lighter is so cool, you may want one for yourself. It uses plasma lighting – no flame! It’s rechargable and stands upright, looking good while doing so.
- Lights4Fun Bell Cloche ($25.99 on Amazon): All candle lovers need a cloche. Trust us on this one. This particular one is well made with a bamboo base.
- Good & Well Company Ceramic Match Striker ($28): This match striker is cute and functional. Each one is handmade and comes with a full set of matches.
There are so many flameless options you can gift this season, but we’re going all indie and all wax melts. We love a TON of wax melt companies, but here are our top recommendations for shops that are still open this holiday season.
- The Spotted Hog Candle Company: We’ve been big fans of this candle company for years. For cute wax melt shapes and a score of decadent scents, peruse their scent list for tons of gifts.
- Mary Melts: This is one of our new-found loves, but we’re glad we’ve stumbled across here. The wax melts are divine and the service top-notch.
- Up North Creations: Need something good and fast? Shop Up North Creations for their ready to ship (RTS) items. Your loved ones will love you for it.
- Rosegirls Wax Company: The blends here seem endless and heavenly. The samplers are a good way to go, so you can gift many with one sampler.
Of course, we would be remiss if we didn’t point out our very own Holiday Gift Boxes – perfect for gift giving this season. We’ve curated some of our favorite products and packaged them up with a pretty bow. Choose from Melting Business (all wax melts), Candle Business (for a full sized candle, wax melts, and more), and The Luxe (a full sized luxury candle, wax melts, and much more). Shop now as there are limited boxes and once they are gone – they’re gone! We are currently offering free shipping through December 15th.
Whew! That’s it! Hopefully you’ve marked everyone off your list by using our 2019 ULTIMATE Holiday Candle Gift Guide. Don’t forget to treat yourself this holiday season. You deserve it.
Happy candle shopping and Merry Christmas from all of us here at Candlefind!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click through one of them and make a purchase, Candlefind may receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you. It is your ongoing support that helps make Candlefind successful, and for that we are thankful.