Candlefind Forum: Aha! Moment - Tart Warmers with Electric Timers - Candlefind Forum

Beckett Media, LLC

Shop our top selling fragrance, Pineapple Cilantro, and receive Free Shipping on any purchase of $100 or more.

Free Shipping on orders over $79

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Aha! Moment - Tart Warmers with Electric Timers

#1 User is offline   CandleBetty 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:13 PM

I remember coming across a post somewhere where someone talked about an electric tart warmer with a timer built in. I thought this was a great idea, but noticed that the warmer styles I really like do not have electric timers. Plus, the way the timer works is you set it so the tartburner turns off after a set amount of time. You cannot set it so that it automatically turns ON at a certain time, which is what I want.

Recently, since the days are getting shorter, I started thinking that soon we will need to set up the lamp in our living room on a timer, as we do every year, so that our cat is not at home in the dark before we get home from work each night. Then it hit me…why not put the tart burner I have on a timer, so that it turns on at 5:30am and stays on until my DH and I leave for work in the morning!? That way, we can enjoy the house smelling nice as we get ready for the day. Well, a couple of days ago I plugged the tart burner into the timer (and inserted the timer into the wall socket) and it worked like a charm. Now, instead of only enjoying my tarts in the evening, I can enjoy them for a couple of hours before leaving for work in the morning. Don’t know why I never thought of this before – thought I’d share in case anyone else could benefit. ;-)

#2 User is offline   Monalissa 

• Certified scent expert!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:46 AM

I actually suggested this on another forum recently! Great minds think alike. :) I think it's a great idea and may also be good for those who need help remembering to shut off their warmers before bed etc. (which is why I suggested it)

Enjoy your new routine!

edited for clarification

This post has been edited by Monalissa: 13 October 2010 - 12:47 AM

Lisa

#3 User is offline   CandleBetty 

• Pip
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:06 AM

View PostMonalissa, on 13 October 2010 - 12:46 AM, said:

I think it's a great idea and may also be good for those who need help remembering to shut off their warmers before bed etc. (which is why I suggested it).

That's another great use for the timer...I know there's been a few times I've left mine on all night by accident. [smilie=th_sad-1]

I was also thinking I could use my timer to set the tart burner to turn on a half hour before I come home from work, so the moment I walk in the door, I can smell the delicious aromas. I just love this happy discovery!

#4 User is offline   debra99 

• The Mod Squad
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:28 AM

I do the same! I love to walk in the door and smell the melting tart - and I notoriously sleep through ones I love if I leave the melter on.

I have a timer in the living room that has a different setting for each day of the week (am I a little tipped over, or what?) and one in the bedroom that is just on when I am getting ready for work. Love it!

#5 User is offline   CandleBetty 

• Pip
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:09 PM

View Postdebra99, on 13 October 2010 - 03:28 AM, said:

I have a timer in the living room that has a different setting for each day of the week (

Wow, I would love to find a timer that allows you to put in multiple settings...how cool...may I ask where you got yours?

#6 User is offline   debra99 

• The Mod Squad
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:31 AM

View PostCandleBetty, on 13 October 2010 - 07:09 PM, said:

ve
Wow, I would love to find a timer that allows you to put in multiple settings...how cool...may I ask where you got yours?

I got my timer at a local department store - it is made by Intermatic, and it is digital. It works pretty slick!

#7 User is offline   CandleBetty 

• Pip
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:29 PM

View Postdebra99, on 14 October 2010 - 03:31 AM, said:

I got my timer at a local department store - it is made by Intermatic, and it is digital. It works pretty slick!

Thanks so much, I'm going to have to locate one of these. Very slick! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

#8 User is offline   toberetired 

• Certified scent expert!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:56 PM

What a great idea. I kept hoping a company would design a melter with a timer so that I could set it about an hour before I get home, but I never actually thought of plugging the melter into a timer. I had several of the older Intermatic timers but am also going to find one of the digital ones. Hopefully, my local Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. - maybe even Walmart would have them.

#9 User is offline   lionqueen 

• Pip

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:55 PM

View Posttoberetired, on 14 October 2010 - 08:56 PM, said:

What a great idea. I kept hoping a company would design a melter with a timer so that I could set it about an hour before I get home, but I never actually thought of plugging the melter into a timer. I had several of the older Intermatic timers but am also going to find one of the digital ones. Hopefully, my local Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. - maybe even Walmart would have them.

That's a great idea - I'm still awaiting my tart burner - it's in my big Spotted Hog order which hopefully will be here soon, but when it gets here I think I'll go buy a timer so I can do the same thing - set it for a few hours in the morning, and also set it so it turns off after we fall asleep. Don't know why I didn't think of that either!

PS - I think it's really sweet that you make sure your kitty isn't home alone in the dark :)

#10 User is offline   missie 

• Scent-addict - in training
  • PipPip
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:10 AM

LOVE this idea! Thanks for sharing. :)
Melissa~ melting addict since January, 2009. Favorite wax: 100% soy

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic