The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

"Go to" scents for visitors?

Hi CF buddies.

Do any of you have "go to" scents for when you're having visitors? I'm having about a dozen people over tomorrow afternoon. One is not fond of sweet bakery or floral scents, another doesn't like anything strong because she gets nauseous, another is allergic to lots of things.

I'm thinking of going with Carol's Mac Apple because it's not too sweet, but is just a beautiful, fresh orchard scent with nothing else added. Honestly, I'd be very surprised if anyone objects to it, it's so lovely. This is the second or third time I find myself reaching for Carol's Mac Apple, and with past success, I guess it's becoming my "go to" scent for company.

Do you have particular scents from particular companies that work well for a wide variety of visitors when you're trying to give them a nice (and certainly not nauseous or sick!) experience at your home?

Many thanks! [smilie=th_avatar_4219]

Gail

I usually stay away from bakery scents for visitors. I get the most complaints about those.

Lemon scents work well for groups. I go for YC Lemon Lavender.

I think your Mac Apple will be perfect. It sounds wonderful.

I always put on a tart from Can-do in Mimi's house about a hour before company comes and everyone always says that it smell great in here. But I guess the lighter the fragrance the better. Once company comes over and I notice anyone making faces then I promptly shut everything off. Some people just don't like fragrance. Go Figure!

When I have company over I try to stick with something light. Usually something in the vanilla family. I did melt Cucumber Melon this summer from BG and AMS (in 2 different rooms, at the same time - I was experimenting)and my family liked that. Although once the fall comes I will always have YC Macintosh burning and melting and have always gotten compliments on that one!

Debbie

As for melts, I stick with lighter vanilla scents when I have visitors. If lighting a candle, GC Sugar Cookie is nice and it isn't heavy.

Wow, thanks for the great responses, everyone. I really appreciate the input. I'm going to definitely try some of your suggestions in the future! I think I'll stick with ol' reliable Mac Apple tomorrow. These people are very good friends of mine but with all their issues, it's going to be a tough crowd. :P

I'll let you know if I get any feedback. Thanks, guys.:oops:

Gail

Ah, good point, Bigred, especially for the cooler months. When it's 106 degrees, a flame just isn't that attractive, ya know? But come October, yes indeedy. Thanks!

Gail

Hi ~

I know I am super late to the party. For some reason, my flames are not lighting up until way later...

I also like Mac Apple for company, and even sometimes Cinnamon Noel, a lighter cinnamon mixed with vanilla. Very homey and comforting.

I agree with others that lighter scents and ones in the vanilla family work great also.

Hope everything goes well for you!

Thanks for your ideas, Berrie. I thought I'd fill you all in, in case you're interested. My company just left. Nobody said anything! I don't think anyone even noticed the fragrance, they were so busy chatting and catching up with each other's news. So I guess it's a good thing because I'm thinking if it was awful, I would have heard, especially from a couple of them. [smilie=th_happy]

I just may poll them one by one and see what they have to say...

Thanks again, buddies. I'll keep experimenting on future house guests. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Gail

If it were me, I would be burning B&BW Vanilla Coconut candles. It's such a great fragrance and who doesn't like vanilla mixed with coconut? Ok, maybe some people don't like it but we sure do.

I have fun when the neighborhood kids come over with their little dog, Carlos to visit Ozzy. I ask them "does it smell good in here" and they say "yes" and then I ask them what do you think I am melting. Cool kids. Am I converting too young??? HA

Cisley

I like CCCC Citrus Linen H2O or anything "limey" from Nene.

I don't think you can go too wrong with anything fruity.

Cisley...how is the throw from the B&BW candles? They're having a sale and I was contemplating buying some. Vanilla Coconut sounds delish! =)