April 2009 Contest: Tag - You're It!
Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:43 PM
How to play:
* I will start off the game by listing a specific scent with description. The NEXT poster must take the LAST WORD in that scent description and find it somewhere else, either in another scent name or the scent description. Post that scent name and description (along with vendor name) in the following post. The next poster will then follow-up by using the LAST WORD listed in next scent description.
* The word must match exactly (example: spice is not the same as spices).
* Scent strength, "Best seller," or color description will not be considered last words for the scent descriptions. Example:
- Pumpkin Nog - A very intense pumpkin spice mixed into a rich creamy Nog! I LOVE THIS! It is strong, rich and wonderful! This is a very frisky and tantalizing mixture! A BEST SELLER! Last word here is "mixture."
* You must be quick! First one to "tag" will get the credit.
* Make it challenging! Find scent descriptions that have a not-so-common word as the last word. Make your competitors search!
* Scent names may NOT be repeated. You may repeat vendor names.
* Vendors may be for candles or bath/body.
* You cannot post directly behind yourself. This means there must be at least one other person's response after yours before you can post again.
* Each eligible post will count as one entry into the contest. The winner will then be selected using Random.org.
* Remember, to be eligible, you must be actively participating in other games within the Game Room. The minimum requirement is one non-contest game during the month. It's easy to do! You can play to win even if you have won one of these contests before!
* Contest ends April 15, 2008 at midnight CST.
Example of how this game will be played:
Cyngreen2: Fresh Baked Bread - Warm fresh baked bread right out of the oven!
Poster 1: Unique Scents for You, Blueberry Muffin
Freshly baked blueberry muffins hot out of the oven sure to get your taste buds going!
Poster 2: Angel Scented Candles, Caramel Peach Cake-Oh, you're going to love this one! A surefire winner with the aroma of one of our favorite desserts . Plump ripe peaches with rich eagle brand milk; surrounded with freshly baked yellow cake, melted butter, pecans, and topped with caramel.
Poster 3: Simple Delites, Caramel Candy Apple: Just like at the fair. Scents of Juicy apple with a sweet nutty, caramel coating.
Poster 2: Mountainview Candleworks, Pumpkin Cookies- Fresh baked pumpkin with loads of sweet butter with a frosted with sugar coating...YUMMY YUMMY !
and so on.
Good luck and have fun!
Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:05 PM
Chocolate: If you love chocolate, you'll love this. Perfect blend of sugar and cocoa butter tingle your senses with out the calories.
(You do not have to color code your words unless you want to!)
Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:14 AM
Just in case...I'm not posting any more scents. The next scent description someone will have to find will have to have the word either in it, since that's the last word from Mamalana's chosen scent description.
I've already found one, so I know it's out there! Happy hunting!!!
Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:24 AM
Blue Sugar-A sugary sweet, slightly masculine, vanilla/licorice type scent. With notes of mandarin, bergamont, coriander and star anise on a base of caramelized sugar. It's supposed to be the male version of Pink Sugar, but it can go either way.
Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:36 AM
VIOLET STRAWBERRY Ripe, sweet strawberries infused with sweet vanilla and sugar. Beautiful violet notes sneaking their way to the top blending with the strawberries. One of my favs.
BTW mpfand, I think you found an AC/DC scent!
Cross Country Candle Road Tripper!
Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:33 PM
Candles by Victoria
Kiwi Kicker~ A wonderful fruity fragrance. This scent is a treat for the nose.. very strong, one of my favs!!
Yes, ma'am! Congrats!!!
Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:57 PM
CHOCOLATE AMBER BBW Type ( New Formulation) - The Mystery of sensual amber with inviting notes of honeyed chocolate, juicy berries and rare vanilla orchid to create and intoxicating blend of passion and innocence. Hints of pineapple, Red Berries, Lemon; mid notes of Honey Blossom, Rose and Jasmine. Bottom notes of Dark Chocolate, Honey Wood, Patchouli, Vanilla Orchid, and Musk notes.
Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:42 PM
Banana Nut Bread-Absolutely mouth-watering!!!! This is a delicious combination of walnuts, ripe banana, vanilla, and a touch of spice. Amazing, true, and a house filler.
Try it and see!
edited to add scent name. I just realized this doesn't count anyway since it's a repeat.
Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:55 PM
Fresh Cut Roses -
That is it pure and simple, Freshly cut roses. For a stronger, more complex rose aroma please see Rose-Merry-Mint below.
(Not sure what scent Mpfand described from Everyday Whims, but it doesn't sound like it's Fresh Cut Roses, so I don't think I'm repeating here. )
Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:15 PM
Citrus Breeze-A softer citrus scent. Juicy slices of grapefruit, orange, lemon and tangerine mingle with fresh water accords and crisp green notes. It's a bright & sunny citrus scent with a hint of sophistication. (4 stars in a tart) Note: If you are looking for a super strong citrus aroma see “paradise” below.
Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:59 AM
Good luck to ya on this next one!
Cubby Hole Candles: Including the link just in case you think I am making this one up!
Pine Creek Pine (S) A deep pine scent blowing in the wind along a stream far below the rim of the PA
Cross Country Candle Road Tripper!
Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:50 PM
*The Essence of Pennsylvania*
This reminds us of warm, sunny days in our childhood in PA! Hint of spices and flowers, and mountains makes this one of our Best Seller!
Will also try to add the website: