December 2008 Contest: Scramble for Christmas
Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:01 AM
How to play:
* Each day I will post a list of 10 scents, except they will all be scrambled! Unscramble the letters to figure out the scent AND add the name of a vendor that carries the scent.
* You may post directly behind yourself, but only one guess per post. If your post contains more than one guess, only the first one will count.
* At the end of each day, I will list the correct answers. The FIRST person that guessed the correct scent name will get the entry credit. There will be 10 chances each day, meaning a chance for 10 entries each day. (Note: Although I will not have a specific vendor in mind for each scent, you must list both the unscrambled scent name and a vendor who carries the scent in order to get the credit.)
* Remember - the correct answers won't be posted until the end of the day. If you see a guess for a scent name already posted, but you think the scent name might be something else, go ahead and post your guess.
* At the end of the contest, the entries will be tallied and the winner will then be selected using Random.org.
* Remember, to be eligible, you must be actively participating in other games within the Game Room. The minimum requirement is one non-contest game during the month. It's easy to do! You can play to win even if you have won one of these contests before!
* Contest ends December 12, 2008 at midnight CST.
Example of how this game will be played (only 5 words listed for illustration purposes):
DAY 1 Puzzle
# 5 - Apple (Scent It)
# 2 - Aloe (House of Soy)
# 4 - Amber (Humble Glory)
# 1 - Almond (Cheryl's Candles)
# 3 - Cedar (House of Soy)
ENTRIES FOR DAY 1:
Poster 1 - 2
Poster 2 - 2
Poster 3 - 1
Good luck and have fun!
Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:19 AM
1 eptdrotoeglrnea (3 words)
2 opelonpgagaatmn (3 words)
3 eeaaetrnagedewstrgoamnnpo (4 words)
4 tawlmoeanmclosahamlnrtni (3 words)
5 tatusnsignch (2 words)
6 pdorlataicloca (2 words)
7 iggwnlperasinhe (2 words)
8 glofoewiogrnodwd (2 words)
9 srrfobadseapiid (3 words)
10 jbenulbrrceyriae (2 words)
Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:19 AM
1 golden pear torte
2 apple mango tango
3 sweet pomegranate and orange
4 marshmallow cinnamon latte
5 tuscan nights
6 tropical colada
7 whispering angel
8 flowering dogwood
9 birds of paradise
10 cranberry jubilee
Stardustgirl - 10 entries
Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:42 AM
I'll post the Day 2 puzzle a little later today to account for different time zones.
Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:11 PM
If there are some unscrambled scents towards the end of the day, I will post hints.
DAY 2 PUZZLE: