The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

February's Full Of Tarts and Sweethearts

Happy Tuesday B)

This mornings melt is from Sassy Girl - Meyer Lemon... A fresh light lemon definitely not a furniture polish lemon nor a bakery lemon! [smilie=th_fabulous1] So light and refreshing like freshly squeezed lemon juice.

So I purchased the two new bird feeders and 40 lbs of seed, came home, replaced the old cracked feeders and didn't see one bird the entire afternoon! [smilie=crap] Normally they can barely wait for me to fill them. [smilie=th_anyminute] [smilie=th_idontknow] [smilie=th_confused3]

debra, luckily we don't get many squirrels in our yard. They tend to hang out in my neighbors yard for some reason lol. I've seen them attacking their bird feeders but they don't bother ours for some reason. Maybe they don't like the seed I buy! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Amyjo I've never seen a flying squirrel! [smilie=th_OMG] Freaky!

Well I've already done my daily torture (exercise)... now time to take Ozzy for his walk and then laundry. [smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare] The paparazzi will be showing up anytime now. [smilie=th_thlaughter]

Happy Tuesday

Debra...glad to hear you are feeling better! :)

Aria...although you ended up with a broken feeder, his aim was pretty good... [smilie=th_giggle] Glad no birds were injured...and hopet you found some good replacements!

AmyJo...yes, I've tried her whipped soap and I love it. I was trying to get the shower lotion but missed out.

Mpfand...it's hard when people come to visit. I'm always nervous about how smelly my house is.

It's been SGA Cotton Candy Birthday Cake. Will change it up after work.

Have a good one. ;)

Aria - thanks for the reco on Front Porch - I checked out her site and I can't explain it, but suddenly I had items in a cart and checked out and an order was placed...remarkable! [smilie=thank_you]

AmyJo

Hey!

I love Front Porch too! They pack a big punch in a little tart! It's been quite a while since I've ordered from her. My only thing is she would change up her inventory so often, that when I fell in love with a scent...I'd never see it again. :(. I've requested a few scents in the past and although she said sure, they never appeared. I figured so many people must request that she must lose track. [smilie=th_idontknow]

Time to change the scents...

Breakfast at Tiffanys by Sweetsopple Wax

Blueberry Friendship Cheesecake by Nancys

Have a good one. ;)

Hi All!

Debra-Glad you are feeling better.

Mpfand- I have to sometimes shut my melters when I have guests. Some people have very sensitive noses and don’t appreciate the smells.

Aria-I still have quite a few FP melts. Think I should dig them out.

Maggie- CFTKR melts hold up great. Lots of those still around here too. I need to melt more. The problem here is I don’t like to toss any melts until I feel they have been on all day or before the scent gives out. I have 2 melters going.

Honeybear-Glad to hear you are happy with your island now. I’m sure it’s beautiful.

Melted SGA Lavender Mallow Cookies yesterday and today it’s SGA Salty Sea Air Rosemary Mint Lavender Cream.

I'm definitely careful of what and how much I melt when guests are over. DH and the kids will tell me if something is too strong or they don't like it, but I'm not sure if anyone else would speak up. I don't melt in the guest bedroom or bathroom, but this time I did put a wallflower in the guest bedroom with a soft scent. They can always just un-plug it if they don't like it, right? [smilie=th_pardon]

I love FP, too. I should order before it gets too hot here.... [smilie=typen]

Today's scent is Apple Butter Frosting from Scentsy. Goes well with the apple caramel bars I baked earlier. :D

Michele ~ I like to melt my wax until the scent is all gone, too. At this rate, I'll never get through all of this wax. I sorted through some today and the amount I have is absurd. Lol It would help if I could get to more of my warmers in the garage and get them going!

Mpfand ~ Your dessert sounds delish! ????

I haven't ordered from Front Porch in ages. I found her melts didn't hold their scent well over the long haul, but I still miss them.

At the moment, I'm plotting an order from Dessa. She's opening on Saturday for a preorder. Good thing we live close now so I won't have to pay shipping. We'll meet for lunch and I'll get my order. ????

SB Unicorn Berries ~ Blackberry, Blueberry, Extra Strawberry and Cotton Candy Frosting

RG Cereal Killer and Marshmallow Smoothie

Going to hit the hay a little earlier tonight. Woke up at 3 this morning with a tummy ache and couldn't get back to sleep. I'm pooped.

Night all!

Honeybear, I am jealous of your Dessa lunch! :wub:

Thanks, Maggie and Michele!

I also tend to melt every drop of scent out of my melts. Crazy - it is not because I need to budget them! Seems like the more I have, the longer they last so the stash just does not go down. [smilie=th_pardon]

My kids make a big deal about the candle smell in my house. They leave their coats in the front hall so they don't retain any scent. Sheesh. I keep telling them - it is candle smell or litter box. With 6 cats, you know what I choose! [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Tonight - Scarlet Raine - Lavender Flowers.

Debra ~ Dessa and I met back in 2011, I think it was, on a candlemaking forum. When I started making candles and tarts back in '07, I fully intended a business, but it evolved into more of an "expensive" hobby. [smilie=th_pardon] I'm happy for Dessa that she is as successful as she is, but it is a LOT of work. And with the crazy four-year relocation we're at the tail end of, I couldn't have run a business. Everything truly does happen for a reason. And besides, I went back to school a few years ago to finish a degree for a reason, and once I get us settled, I plan to continue that pursuit. Tart making will always be something I do for fun, though. [smilie=yes]

RG Strawberry Peppermint Coconut Ice Cream ~ Thanks to a sweet CF pal [smilie=thank_you]

TCC Sticky Pumpkin Sugar Cookie

TCC Cinnamon Sticks

I'm off to Lowe's today to use my $20 Off $100 purchase coupon that I got in the mail from USPS for mail forwarding. [smilie=th_c61] I'm looking for a floor lamp for my Zen Room and a small lamp base for our bedroom.

A little odd to have a cloudy day here in sunny Arizona, but I like it! Reminds me of my childhood growing up in Chicago. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Greetings all!

Chilly here in Ohio but the flood waters have started to recede, which is a great thing.

Maggie, thank you for the Zeep B&B reco - that tipped it for me and I ordered a Push Pop Body Butter Sugar Scrub which sounds luxurious, also a lip balm and the Party Doll melts (too pretty to melt but I will manage).

Honeybear, I envy you the Arizona warmth - our son went out there with me on a business trip a long time ago and we saw the Hale-Bopp comet over the desert sky by night. I will never forget that.

Debra, we also struggle with the litter box despite only one tiny cat, but she has the stinkiest "deposits" going...I clean that thing constantly but it's a constant battle.

So today I am melting an "experiment" - trying to re-create Zeep's Grinch Cookies, which she is out of [smilie=th_smiley-crying] It's a cookie and peppermint combination. So - I have a ScentSations Pumpkin Marshmallow Cream cube mixed with a Zeep American Mint cube and we'll see what happens. Right now my nose is just confused by it all.

I was melting a BH&G Lavender and Rosemary cube in the kitchen/office but shoot, it smells just like that Fabuloso cleaning solution. [smilie=th_yellow5] I really liked it cold...oh well.

So instead I have a BH&G Cranberry Mandarin huge candle in the CrockPot to melt. Craving citrus. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Enjoy your day all,

AmyJo

Hello!

Hope your feeling better Honeybear! You are a lucky duck to be close enough to Dessa to meet for lunch and buy some waxies! ;)

Amy Jo... [smilie=th_cc24] Enabling is the name of the game around here! How'd your "scent-speriment" work out?

It's Fireside Pumpkin Cider Marshmallow by Nancy....yum.

Finally done cleaning and can now sit down for a little bit and enjoy an iced coffee and the scent Vanilla Bliss from Fox Willow Wax.

Honeybear, enjoy your lunch date with Dessa! How fun! :) We're sunny today, but supposed to be cloudy tomorrow. Unusual for here, too, but I also enjoy a cloudy day every now and then. ^_^

Honeybear, it seems like a candle business would be a huge amount of work. It certainly isn't something you can do half-heartedly if you want to be successful!

AmyJo, I remember back before I started melting tarts, I used to use Fabuloso to make the house smell good! My floors were mopped often back then! ^_^

Tonight is it Peace Offering - FA McGee

[smilie=th_offtobed] [smilie=th_offtobed] [smilie=th_offtobed] [smilie=th_offtobed]