The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

MaggieMae

Welcome January. One Scent At A Time...

Good Sunday Morning. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Didn't sleep well last night...not sure why.

Michele...that basket sounds cool and with a lid?? Wow! Perfect! [smilie=th_thumbs20up] You've got a good idea with EBay. People really make a lot of money on retired scents over there...I know I just bought the retired Sugared Cinnamon Donut and overpaid by double cause I love the scent so much!

This morning im burning Goosecreek's Jingle Bells...smells [smilie=th_fabulous1] but not a winter scent to me. Very fruity.

Have a good one. :)

Edit: Melting PFOP Pink Elephant Birthday Cake

I am sad to say it is hard to go on a buying ban. I think part of the fun is the choosing and ordering new scents to try. :blush: I am trying, though...a couple of vendors I usually but from postponed their Jan. sales - whew! I have a couple of orders I have not even opened so I use up some of the old stuff.

Today it has been Candy Panda - Tea & Cakes and SGA Volcano Cotton Candy. Both of these were very strong!

Good morning everyone,

Happy Monday to all. I had a busy weekend with cooking and baking - turned the kitchen upside down - and wasn't online much. I just caught up with all your wonderful posts.

Thanks Debra and MaggieMae for not only putting up with my pet stories, but actually encouraging me - it's good to see lots of pet lovers on here. Debra, I'm sorry your cats didn't like the flea meds - my cat doesn't either and I have to sneak it onto her. She seems so betrayed afterwards, LOL. "But it's for your own good"

Mpfand - I knew I had a partner in "boot-sucking mud" out there. Sure enough, all the snow has melted and the dogs are completely muddy and tracking it in [smilie=th_roll] ...At least I'm glad it's not subzero temperatures anymore.

MaggieMae and mpfand, you both made me laugh with rearranging the stash while DH is gone - and then being "BUSTED," LOL - I do the same. I haven't been at this wax game but for about 6 months but I still seem to have accumulated a full drawer of candles and a small cabinet full of melts. When DH is out, I play with them [smilie=th_shewiggle] amd bring out only one at a time.

I definitely need to go on a buying ban...but wait, there's that mystery box from Zeep coming in the mail...after that one, I will pause, really I will.

I haven't turned on the warmers yet today because I had an early call. Yesterday I melted Scentsations' Cucumber and Melon (YUM!) and then their Zen. I really struggled with Zen - I wanted so badly to like it but it smells a whole lot like my toothpaste and then I couldn't get that out of my head. I kept announcing, "Toothpaste!" to my husband and he finally said to change it and stop grumbling. [smilie=th_butbutbut]

Arkcandle - what does Fat Bottomed Girls Cupcake smell like, LOL? Great name...

Michele - I'm really glad you feel better and can melt again. Also thanks a lot for the Super Tarts link!!

This morning a lady from our insurance carrier is actually coming to our house to take my vital signs, LOL. This is part of the "Evidence of Insurability." Seems a bit much but OK. Has anyone else experienced this?

Take care all.

AmyJo

Thank you for the kind words everyone. Does anyone have a good candle company they recommend? I'm done with Yankee, I have lots of Bath&Body and just ordered some 1803. Any good companies on Etsy? I love to support small businesses and I love the cozy look of candles lit.

Lonegirl - you might take a look at Pure Integrity, (I think their ad is below and you can click the box) They have one of our favorite fall scents - their pumpkin pie. I have also had pretty good luck with Goose Creek and Village. Of course, the BH&G at Walmart do a pretty decent job for the price!

Cookie - I am surprised at how many of my "oldies" still have a decent throw!

AmyJo - a little different, but we had a home insurance rep do a drive by before insuring and he left us with a few little "tips" as I recall it was things like remove some moss, etc.

Today is Red Velvet Cake from Cheryl's - very strong, I may need to shut it off for a bit. :wacko:

Monday's are hard.

Good Evening All.

Lonegirl...I don't think I've ever bought "candles" from an Etsy seller (although I buy lots of tarts) but I do have some favorite sellers otherwise for candles. I Iove B&BW, McCalls, Goosecreek, Crossroad Candles, Spotted Hog & Country Button Candles to name a couple. :) I'm sure others on here have their favorites too and may be able to help with the Etsy question!

Debra...yes, bans are rough! :(

AmyJo...You seem to have the "managing your wax stash when there's no one around" thing down! LOL :sSig_heeheehee:

It's Draper Lane by Golden Willow Wax.... [smilie=th_00000020]

Good morning everyone,

I'm about to try some new melts from Zeep! - they arrived yesterday beautifully packaged - and the first up will be the Push-Up Pop (fruity pebbles and creamsicle). I am having a very hard time not eating it, it smells so amazing. I actually put it near the bedside so I could smell it all night. MaggieMae - I know you like these - I'm guessing you just cut a piece off with a knife? Because they are HUGE.

Debra, thanks for the insurance story. We've had this same insurance through my job for years and this is the first time anyone came to the house to take vital signs. !!! I guess they want to make sure I'm really alive, LOL. My big dog was unimpressed with her. Carry on, carry on!

Otherwise we had a huge storm in the middle of the night with all sorts of crashing thunder and howling winds, which upset my big Pyrenees and so we spent time cuddling on the couch until it was over.

Added several hours later - ohhhh, these Zeep melts are incredible! I am having a nosegasm (sorry, TMI).

Back bedroom - Push-Up Pops (fruity pebbles and creamsicle) - this smells so good that I may have to find a way to have it centrally (scentrally, LOL) piped through the house, it's that good.

Kitchen/office - Grinch Cookies - sugar cookies and peppermint candy. Divine.

Happy scenting everyone,

AmyJo

[smilie=th_hello] my lovely CF friends!

Lonegirl ~ So sorry for your loss. Hugs to you.

Michele ~ Glad to hear you are on the mend and back to melting again. If you like eucalyptus blends, Super Tarts has awesome ones...all of them. lol

Debra ~ Thanks for reminding me of the Pure Integrity Pumpkin Pie. Love that one!

Maggie and AmyJo ~ Okay, all of this talk has me itching to try out Zeep. I'm going to look first chance I get, even though I should be on a wax ban. [smilie=yes]

Well...the deed is done. We are in our new home, and though it was rough getting here (stress with a one-day delay in closing due to incompetence on builder/lender accounts, and taking my first shower at midnight only to discover the tankless hot water heater was plumbed incorrectly causing it to shut off, so there was no hot water!), we are walking around in awe of how beautiful it all came out. This four-year relocation in waiting is finally complete. Now the fun of decorating!

Unfortunately, DH got sick yesterday. Not sure if it was exhaustion (lots of trips up and down stairs to get moved out of the apartment), or if it was a bug, but I was freaking out a bit. At 4 AM he was dizzy and vomiting and I was in a panic being in a new place knowing not a soul. He's back at work today but is coming home early, saying he still feels weak.

The other issue that has been challenging is the kitties. They are all stressed and slowly adjusting. Bless their little hearts. And I wish I could say things will settle down and be quiet now. The pool construction is set to begin end of the week. [smilie=th_fear8]

Watermelon ICSB Cake from a CF sweetie :wub:

Melting a French Lavender jar candle I made about 8 years ago (maybe longer) and it still smells nice!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Honeybear - that's very exciting, to have the move accomplished! Congratulations! As you say - now you get to decorate, always a good thing. [smilie=th_FULL_O17] I'm really sorry about the hot water heater - is that fixed? And I hope your DH is feeling better.

And a pool being put in? [smilie=th_c2e41937] It all sounds fabulous. And we get to enjoy it vicariously!

Hoping you get to take a long hot shower soon and relax after the long wait and stress of moving.

AmyJo

Good Evening All!

Amy Jo...yay for your new Zeep order! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr And, yup, ya just slice off what you want!

Honeybear...Congrats to you!! So exciting! [smilie=th_slider_hi5] I'm sure it's beautiful...although sorry to hear about the hot water and your poor hubby. I hope he feels better soon! [smilie=th_balloons] Hopefully, the kitties will be able to adjust "before" the pool construction begins!

Edit: Melting CranApple Muffin by Chloe & Me

Burning Winter Bayberry by Goosecreek

Yep, Maggie, Mondays are hard. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon Tuesday is not much better...Wednesday seems to be the tipping point!

Honeybear, I am so happy for you - finally! But, poor DH, what timing! I hope the kitties get acclimated soon. I had one that stayed under my bed for about a month after I moved! He was the tough Tom cat - so funny to have him be the chicken.

Tonight - Line-Dried Cotton - YC

Good morning everyone,

Continuing to enjoy the Zeep melts.

Back bedroom - Under the Mistletoe (ok, Christmas scent of evergreen and berries, but it smells wonderful)

Kitchen/office - Mac(intosh) Apple - very strong, very good.

Had to turn the kitchen melter off for awhile - baking bread and I love that smell too - the scents have to take their turn. [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

Have a good day all,

AmyJo

Good Morning!

Honeybear-Glad you are settling in. Did you end up liking your kitchen island? Shopping is always fun. When we furnished our home we went to North Carolina for a weekend. It was so much fun! They have design consultants that help you pick everything out. Enjoy! Hope Your DH is feeling better. I will check out the ST Eucalyptus blends.

AmyJo- Your scents sound so good.

Melting SGA Brandy’s Birthday Zucchini Cupcakes @ Tiffany’s Tres La Leches Cake Cream Cheese Frosting.

Have a great day!

Good morning!

Michele ~ Yes, back in '99, we lived in Greensboro for a couple of months while DH was on a temporary assignment with another company, and we were building in Indiana. We had friends tell us about the furniture stores, and though we didn't go there, I ordered stuff from Hooker, Drexel Heritage, and Lexington. Unfortunately, all of it stayed in the house. Boo

AmyJo ~ The water heater is to be fixed completely tomorrow, but we do have hot water. They also need to install a hot water recirculator because it's taking too long for the water to get hot throughout the house. Oh, and I have an order coming from Zeep. The Push-Up clammie was first in the cart, thanks to your amazing description! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

Debra ~ I remember that about your kitty hiding under the bed. Our girls are out and about until a contractor comes in.

Maggie & Cookielady ~ Thanks for the well wishes for DH. He's doing much better.

SMT Butterscotch Candy Corn Marshmallow Fluff ~ A gift from a CF friend

[smilie=thank_you]

Lit a HHS Blackberry Cake candle...one of the freebies Janet used to give with any order way back in the day. It's super strong and yummy! Miss Janet. [smilie=th_sad-1]

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Hi candle buddies [smilie=The_Hi]

Honeybear, I'm glad your DH is feeling better and the move is behind you. Hopefully all goes well with the pool construction and you can start getting settled and enjoy your new home. [smilie=yes]

AmyJo, my grandma used to bake bread.....there's no better smell. Thanks for the memory. :wub:

Melting Butter Pecan Shortbread from Fox Willow. Good and strong!

Greetings all,

Honeybear - I'm glad you have hot water! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr And I'm tickled that you ordered the Push Up Pop clammie from Zeep - now I really hope you enjoy this scent as much as I do! MaggieMae - see what you started?! [smilie=thank_you]

Mpfand - I just started baking bread again after a loooooong break and DH and I are really enjoying it. Also I get my frustrations out with the kneading. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] Glad this brought back happy memories for you. I'm kind of obsessed with it right now and want the loaf to look just right.

I had to turn off the Zeep Mac Apple for awhile. It is beautiful but strong. Nose needs a break.

Have a good evening all,

AmyJo

I used to bake a lot of bread and cinnamon rolls. I think it sounds like a good idea early in the day, but when I get around to it, it seems like too much work now! Haha - maybe you will get me motivated, AmyJo. :blush:

Wowie, Michele, that is one long scent name! :huh:

Tonight it is another super strong one that is wafting all over several rooms - Tea & Cake Fizzy Pop - The Melting Duck.

I need to stop spending, I have a 1803 order that just arrived, a super tarts order on the way, and a spotted hog order in the works. I kind of feel like it's time to stock up, as I am Leary of ordering wax during the warmer months here in Texas. Off to look at zeep.

A friend stopped by to bring us brownies and said she loved that I always have candles lit. So it's encouraging, and means I have to buy more [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

Debra, mmmm, cinnamon rolls sound so good - now you have me thinking. [smilie=th_yeahthat] DH would go miles for good cinnamon rolls. I'm happy with yesterday's white loaf. The reason I got back into baking was the Great British Bake-Off, which got me all inspired. Plus the house smells so good when bread is baking.

Lonegirl, absolutely, you got a good affirmation from your friend that your candles are lovely, which definitely is a sign to buy more!

This morning I am melting ScentSations Red Hot Cinnamon in the kitchen/office and still Zeep's Under the Mistletoe in the back bedroom.

Have a good day all. Almost made it to Friday!

AmyJo