The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

MaggieMae

Welcome January. One Scent At A Time...

Hello [smilie=th_326db8b3]

Michele ~ That SGA scent is one of my favorites! Slowly unpacking, so haven't come across the SGA stash drawer yet. haha

Lonegirl ~ You're checking out Zeep, and I'm going to check out 1803. I've never tried them.

Debra ~ You've got me hankering for a good cinnamon roll now with all this talk. Once we get more settled, I plan to bake and cook up a storm in my brand new beautiful kitchen.

ST Ezra ~ Raindrops, cucumber, Earl Grey tea and a slight musk

Have a good day!

Good Afternoon...errr...evening.

It's been SMT Christmas Wish Candy Cane Mrs Class Cookies...still going with the Christmas scents and loving it! ;)

Hey Honeybear, are you still receiving mail from your previous address?? [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Have a good Evening All.

Lonegirl ~ Most people don't let their Super Tarts cure, but I do. Then again, I pretty much let everything cure.????

Maggie ~ I should be getting all of my mail forwarded, but because we were in the apartment for a few weeks, it may take a little longer. I basically have a forward on top of a forward. ????

Still have ST Ezra going. It smells so nice!

Lonegirl, I usually let most things cure, also. I just saw that ST has little cube samplers to try lots of scents. I see more orders ahead... [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Tonight it is Rose Jam type, from Me Too.

Happy Friday everyone!

Well, all the snow has melted here in southwest Ohio and it's going up to 56 F today. "We're having a heat wave..." [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Glad it's the end of the work week.

Kitchen/office - still ScentSationals Red Hot Cinnamon, very nice and it doesn't fight with the cooking smells. [smilie=th_sml29]

Back bedroom - I scooped out some "Happiness," a soy Aromatherapy candle I found at Target. It's supposed to be a dupe for the Capri Blue Volcano which they use at Anthropologie stores, which I also have, and yes they smell quite similar. Anyway, I popped it into the melter and ahhhhh, this is one of my favorite scents. It says it's Yuzu and Lime, very sweet and exciting scent.

Have a fine Friday, all.

AmyJo

Good morning [smilie=th_blij51]

I found a bag with wax from Tara's last sale, so I'll be changing out the ST Ezra to TCC Toasted Raspberry Coconut Cake. But I'm not dumping the Ezra. It still smells amazing! I'm going to save it for another room. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Tons to do today, not sure where to start. A nail in one of my tires, and problems with my phone charging...those two top the list. Looks like a trip to Costco is in order.

So grateful to have my wax friends here to share my obsession with wax and start my day. [smilie=thank_you] all for being here! :wub:

:hello:

Thanks for the info Honeybear! And right back atcha! :thwetkissf:

AmyJo...lol...heatwave, eh? :sFun_hot:

Turning the warmers on....watched This Is Us yesterday and now I'm afraid to leave the house with the warmers on.... :rolleyes:

That is a big temperature swing, AmyJo!

Phooey, Honeybear - I hope your bad luck is over! But, the silver lining is Costco samples! [smilie=th_c032]

I got home too late tonight to clean and stuff melters, so I have re-dos going.

Good Morning!

It's Country Berry Hotcakes Caramel Latte by SGA...this is an OLD loaf but it still smells as good as before! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Have a great day! :)

Since y'all are all expert melters.... this is just a minor annoyance but do y'all lose patience waiting for wax to melt Down when you turn burner on with intention of changing scents? For a while I'd dump before turning off for night but I'm frugal and it always seems to hold scent and I think "one more day of scent". Then I want a new flavor to shake things up and it seems to take forever? Especially Gold Canyon melters which I love for their timers.

[smilie=th_Hello_] everyone. Melting today: Sweet Chocolate by Time & Again. Older tart, not sure their in business anymore.

Lonegirl, sometimes it is hard to wait for it to remelt, depends on the scent.

Have a great day.

Susan, I still have several Time & Again wafflebars...they do still have a website, but I think you have to buy them in stores? <_>

Lonegirl, I am an Ice-cube fan for getting the wax out.

Tonight - one I would have probably not picked on my own, but it is really good and interesting - Rootbeer and Cinnamon Bark - Fox Willow Wax from a candlebuddy. :wub: Thanks!!

Maggie ~ Oh no! I am afraid to watch that This Is Us episode. But after hearing Beezy Tarts mention several years ago seeing a melter smoke while he was home, I started turning them all off before I left the house and even at night, except for the one in my bedroom.

Debra ~ Turned out I didn't need all new tires. Phew! And samples were not plentiful yesterday for some reason. I did, however, have a nice chair massage since they were selling these high-dollar chairs.

Lonegirl ~ I put the melter dish in the freezer and the wax pops right out in 5-10 minutes. If I want to have it melt first to see if it still has scent, and then it's "dead" (lol), I just hot dump it in a cup or can in the trash.

TCC Cherry Ice Cream Cake

Melting HHS Blackberry Cake again. This is so old, but super duper strong! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

[smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Good morning everyone,

Well, the bread baking is done for the weekend. I did a focaccia with new potatoes and thyme - came out pretty well, strange dough to handle - and a whole wheat loaf for toast. Fun to do and the kitchen no longer looks like some sort of flour assault has taken place.

This morning I have Molten Orange (ScentSationals) going in the back bedroom and that one is wonderful but potent. We'll see how long it is before I admit defeat and move to something gentler.

Lonegirl - I know what you mean - you're sick of a scent and want to switch. For what it's worth, here is my routine. If there is still good scent in the wax, I pour it out while it's hot into a silicone cupcake liner (got them on Amazon). I(carefully) put this on the windowsill and it hardens in no time. I put a little Post-It in there as to what it is, and those get stored in my wax cabinet. It helps to be OCD with all of this. [smilie=th_BringItOn] Back to the hot warmer, I wipe it out right away with tissues or a paper towel and then wash it with Dawn to get the old scent out. This only takes a minute. Then, poof, ready for a new scent!

If the scent is pretty much gone, then I do as Honeybear said above and just dump it into something already going in the garbage - a cat food sleeve or tin of some kind - and once it hardens, into the trash it goes. Same deal with wipe the melt saucer with paper towel and wash

with Dawn.

Honeybear = I'm very happy you didn't have to get all new tires. Sometimes it seems as though the cars are just lying in wait with some new surprise for us, doesn't it?

Thanks all for the warnings about leaving the melters on unattended. I have done that and probably should know better. [smilie=thank_you]

The Molten Orange is indeed taking over the house as I type this. It does smell wonderful. We shall see what DH says when he gets up.

Happy Melting/Burning All,

AmyJo

Morn everyone. Melting: Pumpkin Crunch Cake by OPT

Debra, thanks for the info on Time & Again. I have 10 of them left, haven't seen them anywhere for a long time.

Good Morning [smilie=th_316785e4]

Honeybear...very glad you didn't need tires....but that massage sounds lovely!

Amy Jo... [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] Your bread baking sounds delicious!! I am a carb junkie.

I'm a hot dumper wax changer. I dump hot and wipe. I used to put them in the freezer but I'd need two bowls for each warmer so I could change them right away...ran out of bowls. [smilie=th_biggestgrin] I really should be more diligent about turning off my warmers but I go in cycles...I'm very careful because of something I read or hear about and then start forgetting about them and leave them on 24/7. I think some of my switches are in "hard to get to areas" which makes me stop trying to reach around and possibly knock the entire warmer over. Might need a new spot or an extension cord.

This morning I'm melting Stickyfingers Donut Shop by Purple Fox

And upstairs it's Christian and Satine by a Melted Confections

Have a good Sunday.

Cookie, I have about 10 of them left also. Good thing they are the paraffin style wax so they last!

Honeybear, limited samples at Costco? Hmm...my DH needs to find one like yours - he is a sample victim. It is amazing what he has carted home after trying it there! :D

I keep my 2 main melters on timers. Since I am usually running out the door and remember them a few miles away, it has helped! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

I went to Walmart yesterday to check out the end of season scent sale. Not much...the huge bin had a bunch of Orange Buttercream Cupcake. Surprised about that, I remember when that one was snapped up quickly. It also had a lot of a Brownie scent. Not my cup of tea! ;)

I was thinking about doing a Zeep order when I remembered I had a melt from a nice Candlebuddy that I had not yet melted. Miss Bell's Berry Sweet Tea. [smilie=th_LOVE] YUM!! It is now on my favorite list! I wonder if they will make this scent again? If anyone sees it... please let me know! [smilie=th_myspacepunked_sign000

Added Pumpkin Pecan Waffles Vanilla Smoothie from iheartwax....so sad she's OOB but this is throwing like crazy and it's from 2013!

Debra...I'm gonna look into those timers...any you recommend?