Candlefind Forum: Do you burn one candle at a time until it's all used up? - Candlefind Forum

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do you burn one candle at a time until it's all used up?

#1 User is offline   candlefan 

• Scent Junkie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationColorado

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

I was watching some videos earlier today of how different candle fanatics store their vast collections.

It was really quite interesting, but what really caught my attention is that many of the collectors had mostly unburned candles on their shelves. Apparently they keep large numbers of candles on hand but use up only one candle at a time.

This sort of blew my mind, because I have candles in every stage of use that you could imagine! Most all of them have been burned at one time or another, though many of them are only an inch or so used up. (When I get a new candle it gets lit up right away!)

I'm wondering: Do most candle collectors typically burn their entire stash the way I do? Or are there many of you in candleland who consistently use up one candle at a time before moving on to the next? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

#2 User is offline   halo 

• Scent Junkie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationBelfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:53 AM

Your not alone Candlefan, i'm just like you. I love to change scent often so all my candles are at different stages of melting. I just don't have it in me to commit to something like a large yankee candle until its fully done before I start another, and i rarely buy small candles and I just don't find them economical.
Happy melting, Linda.

#3 User is offline   lemonmeringuepiess 

• Scent-addict - in training
  • PipPip

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:05 AM

I'm exactly like you too! I get too excited when I buy a new candle and need to burn it right away! I also really like burning several at once and playing with mixing scents...there's no way I could just burn one at a time...nooo way.

#4 User is offline   cmarie 

• Certified scent expert!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:48 AM

I'm sure the vast majority of us here switch freely among our different candles every day, or at least every season. I can't imagine "marrying" one candle until it's all used up!
Christy

#5 User is offline   MaggieMae 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Mod Squad

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:03 AM

I have 1 or 2 candles in each downstairs room so they all get burned at different times but I try not to break into a new candle until I have a "space" for it in one of those "5 spots". I don't like to have a partially burned candle sitting around...I do like to use them up before lighting a new one...I think I'm in the minority around here. [smilie=th_pardon]

#6 User is offline   NMhoneybear 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationArizona

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:17 AM

You're not alone, Maggie. I have mostly unused candles on my shelves. I burn mine the way you do. I have a few out that get used and enjoyed, and then I go "shopping" in my closet for the next one. [smilie=yes]

#7 User is offline   indyjls 

• Pip

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostNMhoneybear, on 15 October 2012 - 04:17 AM, said:

You're not alone, Maggie. I have mostly unused candles on my shelves. I burn mine the way you do. I have a few out that get used and enjoyed, and then I go "shopping" in my closet for the next one. [smilie=yes]

I am like the last two posters. I marry a candle until it's all used up. I can't stand the thought of a "dirty" candle in my candle cupboard. I do tend to get a little OCD when it comes to my candles and tarts!!! [smilie=th_avatar_4219]

xoxo
Jennifer

#8 User is offline   cmarie 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

Guess I spoke too quickly, haha!
Christy

#9 User is offline   Loves2Laugh 

• PipPip
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

I also usually burn one at a time. Sometimes if the season switches I'll put one away that's partially burned but I tend to stick it out until it's gone. I do get excited when I get new stuff but I think I just don't have the space to have too many partially used candles.

#10 User is offline   DesertRose 

• Scent Junkie
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

I have all srot of stages of candles.

I like variety and like to switch up. I think I would get tired of the same scent and would not smell it and enjoy it so much.

Now I am revisiting partially burned candles from last fall which I did not finish. I did not purchase any new fall candles this year. ANd then I have at least 2-3 Christmas candles started from last year, so I might be all set. I am more into tarts recently.

But I do not consider myself candle collector, I am candle user.

#11 User is offline   candlefaninokc 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

I have about 10 or so candles I'm working on in my current rotation. I could never just burn one candle at a time!
Jason

#12 User is offline   sweet&spiceygrl 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Mod Squad

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

Good topic! I'm one that has candles in varying stages. [smilie=th_excited-1] about trying a new one and can't wait. [smilie=th_dancing_smile] I don't burn candles when it's hot outside, so I need to get busy and burn a candle in the evening along with melting tarts now that the cool months have arrived.
Smell is a potent wizard that transports you across thousands of miles and all the years you have lived.
~Helen Keller~

#13 User is offline   debra99 

• The Mod Squad
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

I also tend to burn just a few until they are done - and have a big shelf of unburned ones that are good for cold sniffs until it is their turn!

#14 User is offline   Juletones 

• The Mod Squad
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

I'm in the camp that burns a candle until it's gone. Like Maggie, I have about 5 or 6 candles at a time in rotation, so I have variety between them. But, I don't put a partially used candle back into my stash. Once it's lit, it stays out until it is finished.
Jules

#15 User is offline   candlelove 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

This is a great topic. I too have about 10 candles in rotation. I will burn different ones on different days for variety, When I finish one of these candles I will put a new one in rotation. The only time I will put a partially burned candle back in my stash is when we have a change of season.
Michele

#16 User is offline   becky 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

Can put away a partially used candle.....burn all the way to end...before starting a new one!
Becky

#17 User is offline   twinsmom 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

I have three large candles that I use in different roooms and I usually burn them until they are gone. Although I have put a partially burned candle back in my stash if I get sick of it and then bring it out again. One in particular is a Tyler candle that I have had for 2 yesrs, it is a floral and I usually don't care florals but this one is really strong and if I burn it you can smell it for a couple of days after I have blown it out. So I guess I will have this candle for a long time.

#18 User is offline   The Scholarly Nail 

• Pip

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

I am like you, I have lots of different candles in various stages of use in my stash. I have some candles that came out the early 2000's that are not all the way burned but still smell as good as new when I burn them. As long as the lid seals tightly, my candles seem to last forever! Granted, I do have lots of unused ones as well but I hate using up candles because with my luck they will be discontinued and I will never be able to get them again =)

#19 User is offline   notoriousliz 

• Pip

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:07 AM

I burn straight through one before moving on to the next

#20 User is offline   WaxingEnthusiasm 

• PipPip

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

Out of necessity of not enough storage space I must put a partially used candle back with my stash no matter how weird it feels to me because some scents are just so hard to find or are discontinued that I don't want to burn it all the way and never have it again until maybe never.....and I need to rotate candles out too b/c I cannot smell them anymore when using the same scent too much.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users