Candlefind Forum: New Scentsationals/Better Homes and Gardens Scents - Candlefind Forum

Beckett Media, LLC

Free Shipping on orders over $79

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Scentsationals/Better Homes and Gardens Scents

#41 User is offline   candlefaninokc 

• Certified scent expert!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostWaxingEnthusiasm, on 19 March 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

Hi Jason,
I did not know that you were on this forum too! How does the BHG wax melts compare to the Yankee melts so I can better gauge what to expect for scent throw and lenght of time the melt will scent the room for? Its about the same cost at $2 per clamshell vs $2 per tart but I notice that there are 6 cubes per clamshell.

Well, if you know me, you know I love my Yankee, but I have to admit that the BH&G cubes are generally stronger than YC tarts. They are quickly becoming one of my go-to brands! I use two cubes per melt and as you know there are six in a pack, so for me it is like getting three tarts for $2...a great deal! My only problem is, my Walmart gets wiped out of these pretty fast every time they get a shipment, and they are slow to get new scents at my regular store. BTW, do I know you from somewhere else like FB or YT?
Jason

#42 User is offline   WaxingEnthusiasm 

• Scent-addict - in training
  • PipPip

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

View Postcandlefaninokc, on 19 March 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

Well, if you know me, you know I love my Yankee, but I have to admit that the BH&G cubes are generally stronger than YC tarts. They are quickly becoming one of my go-to brands! I use two cubes per melt and as you know there are six in a pack, so for me it is like getting three tarts for $2...a great deal! My only problem is, my Walmart gets wiped out of these pretty fast every time they get a shipment, and they are slow to get new scents at my regular store. BTW, do I know you from somewhere else like FB or YT?

Thanks! I see your posts often on the Yankee FB page :) Also found a couple of your YouTube videos which is how I recognized you from your last post ;)

#43 User is offline   Boogie 

• Certified scent expert!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

I'm mainly using these melts now. It's just easier to pick them up while shopping in Wal-Mart, and I am super pleased with the scent strength and how long the scent lasts.
My recent favorites are BH&G Tranquil Garden Spa and ScentSationals Calypso Sands, Vanilla Woods, Rain Kissed, Illusion (gorgeous!!!!), and Fresh Air.
Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them - that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they choose.
Lao Tzu

#44 User is offline   WaxingEnthusiasm 

• Scent-addict - in training
  • PipPip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostBoogie, on 23 April 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

I'm mainly using these melts now. It's just easier to pick them up while shopping in Wal-Mart, and I am super pleased with the scent strength and how long the scent lasts.
My recent favorites are BH&G Tranquil Garden Spa and ScentSationals Calypso Sands, Vanilla Woods, Rain Kissed, Illusion (gorgeous!!!!), and Fresh Air.

Do you find the Tranquil Garden Spa to be a light scent? I picked up a couple but the cold sniff is very light. Have not melted yet.

#45 User is offline   heynana 

• Pip

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:03 PM

View PostDesertRose, on 14 August 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

Thank you for the information

I went to Walmart on Saturday. it was my first time to shop for these at Walmart. My Walmart has them all in boxes, not separated by scent or cathegory or anything really, no labels, so you have to spend time just going through them and looking at each one.

I purchased Calypso Sands and melted it already. It is a nice scent but not very strong.

I got only 6 clams to try first.
Calypso Sands
Joyful Laughter- LOVE IT
Zen- LOVE LOVE LOVE

BBH
Sunflowers
Rose Gardens
Tropical Wild Fruit

So far Zen is the winner, hands down. I was looking for nice relaxing spa scent after Blue Gecko stopped making their Rosemary Mint.

Let us know whne you try the other new scents.

#46 User is offline   heynana 

• Pip

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:06 PM

I thought the same thing. Could only see the big and I mean big containers with them all mixed up. But on looking around I finally found them sorted on shelves in the department with the oil scents. My fav is cinnamon and spice. >^.^<

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users