Candlefind Forum: New Scentsationals/Better Homes and Gardens Scents - Candlefind Forum

Heritage Collection Wild Lemongrass

Free Shipping on orders over $79

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Scentsationals/Better Homes and Gardens Scents

#1 User is offline   trep 

• Certified scent expert!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationSW Missouri

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

I was in the city closest to us today so decided to see if any of the Wal Marts had the new scents in. I went to four stores and found them at one of them. I wrote down the names so I could tell you what they are. Then when I got back to my town I stopped at our store and they were getting ready to put out the new ones here. They had the labels on the shelves and there were a few more names that I didn't see in the city so I wrote those down also. Our store has labels out and no wax and the store in the city had wax and no labels. Anyway here they are ( these were in the regular everyday wax area so I am assuming these are here to stay for the foreseeable future.)

BH&G--Sweet Tropical Salsa (Very bright, tropical fruit scenty)
Vanilla Cookie Crunch (Sugar Cookie)
Lime Margarita
Iced Carrot Cake

Scentsationals--Honeysuckle
Rhubarb Crumble (smells like Yankee Rhubarb Plum)

Citrus Cilantro
Fireside (Very nice fireplace smell)
Apple Licious (Mix of various varieties of apples)
Warm Welcome (Kind of a fallish bakery/woodsy scent)
Lemon Chiffon (Lemon cream pie)
Coconut Macaroon (smelled just like its name)
Rise & Shine (Kind of a breakfast muffin/orange juice scent)
Calypso Sands (Beachy)
Faded Denim (NIce line dried linen scent)

I see from a posting on another site that some stores also have several other scents in the BH&G line so who knows if we will see them around here --I did notice that there were spaces on the shelves where more labels could go so I guess time will tell.

This post has been edited by trep: 14 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

#2 User is offline   DesertRose 

• Scent Junkie
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

Thank you for the information

I went to Walmart on Saturday. it was my first time to shop for these at Walmart. My Walmart has them all in boxes, not separated by scent or cathegory or anything really, no labels, so you have to spend time just going through them and looking at each one.

I purchased Calypso Sands and melted it already. It is a nice scent but not very strong.

I got only 6 clams to try first.
Calypso Sands
Joyful Laughter- LOVE IT
Zen- LOVE LOVE LOVE

BBH
Sunflowers
Rose Gardens
Tropical Wild Fruit

So far Zen is the winner, hands down. I was looking for nice relaxing spa scent after Blue Gecko stopped making their Rosemary Mint.

Let us know whne you try the other new scents.

#3 User is offline   TJ'S Mom 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationoklahoma

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

I want to smell the apple and the lemon chiffon they sound good. Been using zen for about a yr I like it a lot

#4 User is offline   sweet&spiceygrl 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Mod Squad

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

:thyay: Thanks for letting us know Trep! I'm hoping the Warm Welcome is the same as last year's Warm Autumn Welcome - that was my fave & was hoping they'd bring it back. I got the Lemon Chiffon online and it's soooo good! :wub:
Smell is a potent wizard that transports you across thousands of miles and all the years you have lived.
~Helen Keller~

#5 User is offline   Aria 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

trep, wow, some of those sound fantastic! I love that Warm Welcome scent if it's the same one from last year! I wonder if they'll have some cute fall themed warmers this year as well.

#6 User is offline   becky 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

View Postsweet&spiceygrl, on 14 August 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

:thyay: Thanks for letting us know Trep! I'm hoping the Warm Welcome is the same as last year's Warm Autumn Welcome - that was my fave & was hoping they'd bring it back. I got the Lemon Chiffon online and it's soooo good! :wub:

I also loved WarmAutumn Welcome....that one and Country Kettle Corn were my 2 favs....was hoping they would bring back both!!
Becky

#7 User is offline   DesertRose 

• Scent Junkie
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

My Walmart has a whole shelf if Paula Dean candles and clamshells. Is this also new?
Has anyone tried Paula dean clams?

#8 User is offline   WaxyMomma111 

• Pip
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:52 PM

My SIL's husband is an assistant manager at Walmart and he told me they're putting out the new fall Better Homes & Gardens wax tomorrow. Wasn't there a pumpkin pie type one last year? I am hoping to see one like that. Can't wait to check them out!

#9 User is offline   becky 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

WOOOOHOOOO, went to Walmart this weekend, they have all of the fall scents stocked, and my 2 favs, Warm Autumn Welcome and Country Kettle Corn...Yipeeeeeeee :))
Becky

#10 User is offline   becky 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

View PostWaxyMomma111, on 03 September 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

My SIL's husband is an assistant manager at Walmart and he told me they're putting out the new fall Better Homes & Gardens wax tomorrow. Wasn't there a pumpkin pie type one last year? I am hoping to see one like that. Can't wait to check them out!

Yes, there is Pumpkin Pie, got a couple of those too, they smell wonderful :)
Becky

#11 User is offline   iloveyummysmells 

• Scent Junkie
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

View Postbecky, on 04 September 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

Yes, there is Pumpkin Pie, got a couple of those too, they smell wonderful :)

ours did'nt have pumpkin pie or my beloved kettle corn. Once I get more kettle corn in my hands I will use what I've hoarded from last year. Are pumpkin pie,and some of the fall scents labeled bhg? or scentsationals? I bought just one clam of the iced carrot cake and I am in love with it.Such a sweet spice bakery fall scent.Now if the 90+ weather would go away I would be really happy.

#12 User is offline   becky 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

View Postiloveyummysmells, on 04 September 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

ours did'nt have pumpkin pie or my beloved kettle corn. Once I get more kettle corn in my hands I will use what I've hoarded from last year. Are pumpkin pie,and some of the fall scents labeled bhg? or scentsationals? I bought just one clam of the iced carrot cake and I am in love with it.Such a sweet spice bakery fall scent.Now if the 90+ weather would go away I would be really happy.

Mine are all Better Homes & Gardens. I had bought some of the Kettle Corn on Ebay a few months ago, and have used all that up. I bought 8 packages of the kettle corn...i love that one :)

This post has been edited by becky: 05 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

Becky

#13 User is offline   Doe 

• Pip
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

I bought BH&G
Country kettle corn- smells so good
Orange buttercream cupcake- kids say it smells like fruit loops
creamy spiced eggnog
soft cashmere amber- nice master bedroom scent

#14 User is offline   WaxyMomma111 

• Pip
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostDoe, on 06 September 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

I bought BH&G
Country kettle corn- smells so good
Orange buttercream cupcake- kids say it smells like fruit loops
creamy spiced eggnog
soft cashmere amber- nice master bedroom scent

I just Country Kettle Corn the other night and it smells yummy melting, so realistic. Orange Buttercream does smell like fruit loops or fruity pebbles, my daughter loves this one.

I also picked up Crisp Fall Leaves and this is very nice I have that melting now. I got 2 Spiced Pumpkin Pie, Candied Caramel Apple, A Thankful Harvest and Fireside.

#15 User is offline   debra99 

• The Mod Squad
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:49 AM

View PostDesertRose, on 26 August 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

My Walmart has a whole shelf if Paula Dean candles and clamshells. Is this also new?
Has anyone tried Paula dean clams?

Seems like Trep had tried some of the new Paula Deens...she finds a lot of new good things. Maybe we can ask on the daily thread?

#16 User is offline   Aria 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

Hi friends...I just returned from WM and thought I'd add my 2 (s)cents to this thread...lol

My WM had all the new fall scents out...can't remember them all, but I'll try...Zesty Cranberry, Warm Autumn Welcome, Cinnamon Sugar something, A Thankful Harvest, Ginger Spice Cake, Kettle Corn, Warm Mulberry Spice, Spiced Apple & Clove, Vanilla Cookie Crunch, Warm Comforting Kitchen, Crisp Fall Leaves and Simmering Apple Cider. There were some pretty new warmers too including a very cute pumpkin plug-in.

These were all in the front part of the store with all the fall decor. In the regular candle section, there were TONS of new "mini" warmers. These are not the plug-ins, but look like the regular warmers only on a smaller scale. These would work well in smaller spaces, I think. The melting dishes on them were only big enough to hold maybe 1 or 2 cubes of wax.

#17 User is offline   candlefaninokc 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:32 AM

I am LOVING the fall BH&G cubes this year! Crisp Fall Leaves is fantastic, and very similar to YC's Autumn Leaves. Spiced Apple & Clove is spicy and wonderful. A Thankful Harvest is great. Warm Autumn Welcome, Juicy Blackberry Currant and Spiced Pumpkin Pie are all delicious! And Mountain Cabin Escape is really great, to my nose a dead on dupe of YC's Autumn Lodge!
Jason

#18 User is offline   roserent 

• Scent Junkie
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

I wish there were scent descriptions on the BH&G cubes. Thanks to you all for commenting on the scents so I know what to expect :). And I'm really glad to know if they are similar to other brands since I get pretty good throw from most of my Walmart tarts and not so much from other brands.

I now have a decent-sized collection of the Walmart tarts thanks to Candle Find!

This post has been edited by roserent: 18 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

#19 User is offline   DesertRose 

• Scent Junkie
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

I went on Saturday and decided to go out of my comfort zone and get some fruited bakery and fall.

So far from what I got I really like Warm comforting kitchen. I wish there would be scent decription because there is a sweetness to the scent and I dont know what is it.

#20 User is offline   becky 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:23 PM

View Postcandlefaninokc, on 18 September 2012 - 05:32 AM, said:

I am LOVING the fall BH&G cubes this year! Crisp Fall Leaves is fantastic, and very similar to YC's Autumn Leaves. Spiced Apple & Clove is spicy and wonderful. A Thankful Harvest is great. Warm Autumn Welcome, Juicy Blackberry Currant and Spiced Pumpkin Pie are all delicious! And Mountain Cabin Escape is really great, to my nose a dead on dupe of YC's Autumn Lodge!

I am loving ALL the fall scents too this year from BH&G :))
Becky

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users